Hey guys! I hope you're all doing well! Today I'm going to be going through the books I have on my spookathon tbr for 2018. If you've not heard of spookathon before, it's a readathon where you quite literally read spooky books for a week.
Lala from BooksandLala is one of the hosts of the readathon so be sure to check out her recent video over on YT for more information! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZAq5CsP3k&t=0s)
This year the spookathon challenge is taking place from the 15th until the 21st of October! I'll mention the challenges as I go through my tbr. (I'm not going to be taking these super seriously because I doubt I'll be able to get through five books in the week, but I'm still going to give it a go.)
I'm currently reading Sawkill Girls, and if I don't by chance finish it before the readathon, I'll also be working my way slowly through that alongside the other books I'll be reading. Anyway on to the tbr!
1. Read a thriller
For this I'm actually going to go majorly out of my comfort zone and pick up my first ever book by an extremely well known author. I feel like it's only right that I include a classic. I'm also going to be starting with his first published full-length novel because it's on the shorter side, so I'll be picking up Carrie by Stephen King.
2. Read a book with purple on the cover
Since I absolutely adored the eery, and extremely atmospheric Wintersong, when I read it last year I've decided to possibly pick up the sequel Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones.
3. Read a book that isn't set in the current time period
4. Read a book that has pictures
The next book I have fits for both challenge three and four and that is: Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I've been wanting to read this for so long, and I actually started it the other day but I'm making it my main priority to finish it.
Those are my main priorities because I'm not sure I'll be able to finish more than three but, there's one more challenge:
5. Read a book that has a spooky word in the title
I'm not sure which out of these two I'd like to read the most at the moment so I'll just include them both:
To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
And as a back up in case I manage to finish all the above or I'm just not feeling them, I'll give one of the following a go:
- Down Among The Sticks and Bones by Seanan Mcguire - If I decide to read this it will be most likely on audio since I listened to Every Heart A Doorway and loved it!
- This savage song by Victoria Schwab - Set in a world where acts of violence create monsters! This is one of my most anticipated reads and has been since it was released. I really need to read this asap!
- Damsel by Elana K. Arnold - I've heard this is a very dark, twisty fairytale type of fantasy and I have an arc that I'd like to get to and write a review for.
Anyway, that's it! If you're taking part in spookathon this year I'd love to know what books you're hoping to read! I'll be doing a mini wrap up post at the end of the readathon and will probably be posting updates on social media and goodreads. (I may also do a couple of midweek posts here!) All my links for twitter, goodreads etc, are at the top of the page if you'd like to follow me and see how my reading is going!
Thanks for reading!
- Sophie Elaina