(I know this is a bit later than usual but I hope you enjoy reading anyway.)
Over the course of December I acquired quite a lot of new books some of which I bought myself, some I got given by family members for Christmas and a couple of books I was lucky enough to get approved to read on NetGalley. I'm also not going to be talking about all of the books I got because I'd be here forever. But I will include a few snippets. So here goes:
Books I got given for Christmas (All of these are books I had on my wish list that my mum or sister chose to get me and are books I am super excited to read):
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through A History of Magic
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic: Book of the Exhibition
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Daughter of The Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
I've heard so much about this book and the sequel; 'Hunting Prince Dracula' so I just had to ask for this one. Plus I've been dying to find something different from my usual 'type of books' so I thought this would be a good one to start with.
- The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown
Since I've been meaning to read the Red Rising books by Pierce Brown for a while and already own the first two books I decided to ask my family if they could get it me for Christmas and they did, which I am so thankful for. So now I'm all set to binge read these and get onto Iron Gold.
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
- On The Fence by Kasie West
I've already read this and it was such a great contemporary. So cute and light-hearted and just what I was looking for. I'd definitely recommend it for fans of the contemporary young adult genre.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
The books I bought myself:
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed
This is a book I'm very hyped for since I've heard it's a little like Moxie. And I am all for another book like Moxie. That book is fantastic.
- The Witch's Kiss by Katharine Corr
- It Only Happens in the Movies by Holly Bourne
- One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
I haven't actually read Three Dark Crowns yet but if I enjoy it I know I'll end up wanting to binge read the second one so I picked it up anyway. I know, I have no self control. Don't judge.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- A Kingdom of Exiles by S.B Nova
Arcs I got sent via NetGalley:
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
This is one of my most anticipated books of the year so I literally screamed so flipping much when I saw that my wish had been granted to read this on NetGalley. I am so so so excited to read this soon.
- More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer
This book was so good, and I can't wait to talk about it more closer to the release date. If you loved Letter's To The Lost as much as I did you'll be in for a hell of a surprise because this might be even better!
- Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake
As soon as I heard about this book I took off straight to NetGalley to see if it was available to request and it actually was so I was hyped when I got approved to read this book.
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert- I already have a review out for this lush, dark and twisty book! Check it out here: https://www.sophieelaina.com/single-post/The-Hazel-Wood
Anyway, yeah I got a lot of books. Let me know if you got any new books in December and which ones you are most hyped for in the comments, I would love to know!
Thanks for reading!